Webinar on Commercial Determinants of Health
"(CDoH) - Concept, cases and challenges for activism" is the title of a new webinar organized The People's Health Movement (PHM) Equitable Health System / Food Sovereignty and Nutrition thematic groups together with the Public Health Resource Network (PHRN).
The session had the objective to present the Lancet series on Commercial Determinants of Health (CDoH), to discuss some country cases that relate the framework of the CDoH with concrete situations in healthcare and food/nutrition, and to critically assess the challenges for activists and social organizations to resist and oppose the corporate and commercial pressures associated with the CDoH.
- Welcome and Intro: VR Raman (Public Health Resource Network) (5 min)
- CDoH Series Presentation: Fran Baum (People's Health Movement)
- Country cases:
- Laura Piaggio - Argentina - Ministry of Health City of Buenos Aires
- David Makori - Kenya - PHM Kenya
- Artur Monte Cardoso - Brazil - Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ)
- Challenges for activism: Angela Carriero - World Public Health Nutrition Association (WPHNA)