PHM Global Secretariat is seeking applicants for the post of Research Associate –Right to Health/. Those interested may apply by sending a email with their CV, with three references and their contact details and a covering letter stating why they are interested in this assignment to [email protected] with a copy to [email protected] by August 16th . 6 pm IST. Details attached:
Research Associate- Right to Health
Job Title: Research Associate
Job Location: Flexible.
Description of Position
Fixed-Term 12-month contract renewable dependent on performance and availability of funds for one more year, with 3 months probation.
• People’s Health Movement (PHM) is a global network of organisations and individuals committed to the advancement of health for all and social justice. The PHM is comprised of country circles in more than 80 countries, and networks and affiliated organisations at the regional and global level. The programmes and activities of PHM are supported by a decentralised Secretariat, under the PHM Global Coordinator.
• PHM has 4 major global programmes. These include Global Health Watch (GHW), a book published so far in 5 editions; the International People’s Health University (IPHU) that provides training for young activists of PHM;; the World Health Organisation (WHO) Watch which is an intervention in global health governance and. the Health for All Campaign (HFAC) creates linkages between and an overarching framework for PHM’s country circles campaigns on key issues.
• The HFAC is organized into six thematic circles. These are health systems, food and nutrition, gender justice and health, health in war and conflict situations, environment and ecosystem health, and trade and health. These circles learn from the experience of different country circles and link this with their interventions in global governance. These circles also support campaign in these areas- through contributions to capacity building, development of campaign material and development of policy products. Linked to this are also a number of research activities and publication work that contributes to shaping public understanding and informing and supporting policy interventions. To
• Support the work of the thematic groups in promoting interventions health for all and the right to health and health equity. This includes support to thematic coordinators and global coordinator, in o a) proposal development b) the development of appropriate communication material c) facilitating communication with appropriate networks and groups and maintaining the necessary data-bases for this. d) Developing position papers, policy briefs, primers as appropriate to the thematic area.
• Support the global coordinator in systematically collecting, collating and putting together an analytic documentation of activities and issues across regions and country circles, throughout the year.
• Contribute to regular maintenance of the website and all communication channels and data base of the PHM especially as related to the thematic groups.
• Use the above process to contribute to writing up annual reports and updates of work reports as required.
• Assist the global coordinator in the development of new proposals and preparing and sharing reports with SC/ Coordinating Commission
• Other specific tasks as assigned by the Global Coordinator.
• Demonstrate strong commitment to the mission of PHM
Reporting to: PHM Global Coordinator and Sama Resource Group for Women and Health, New Delhi
Required Skills and Competencies:
• Post Graduate in Public Health; or relevant social or health sciences, or significant professional experience.
• Experience in working in public health with publications record is desirable.
• Good skills in drafting statements, policy briefs etc.
• Ability to work on multiple IT platforms, familiarity with websites and social media management.
• Prior engagement with health and access to medicines activism is an advantage
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in all applications of MS Office, especially Word and Excel, or their open source alternatives.
• Excellent English written and oral communication skills
• Additional foreign language is an advantage (preferably French, Spanish or Arabic).
• Demonstrable ability to work virtually.
• Strong organizational skills with ability to juggle multiple tasks, set priorities, effectively manage time and meet deadlines
Salary package: depending on relevant work experience.